In China it is relatively usual to ask people their age,but in the west this question is generally regarded as impolite. This is particularly true 1 women, and even more 2 if the inquirer is a man.
However, it is very 3 to ask children their age,and some adults may not mind 4 either. In fact,some elderly people are quite happy to 5 their age,especially if they feel they look young 6 their age. Nevertheless,it is not very wise to ask a(n) 成都癫痫治疗到哪家医院好7 question like “How old are you?”. If elderly people want to talk about their age,and perhaps receive a compliment on how young they look,they may easily 8 the topic themselves,and ask the other person to 9 how old they are. 10 such a question,it is quite acceptable to discuss age 11 . They normally expect to be complimented on their youthfulness,though rather than 12 that they look very old!
13 Westerners do not usually ask people directly how old they are,this新的癫痫病治疗方法是什么 does not 14 that they are interested to know how old other people are. They may ask someone else 15 the information, 16 they may try to 17 the topic indirectly. Sometimes discussions about educational 18 and the number of years of working experience may provide some 19 ,but this is not always the 20 .
1. A. on B. for C. in D. of
2. A. that B. such C.than D. so
3. A. average B. normal C.expected D. unusual
4. A. being asked. B. askin癫痫病会不会隔代遗传呢g C.to ask D. to be asked
5. A. reveal B. reflect C.release D. remark
6. A. to B.with C. for D. at
7. A. open B. strange C.impolite D.direct
8. A. bring about B. bring up C. bring along D. bring to
9. A.guess B. know C. learn D. predict
10. A. For B. With C. In D. On
11. A.free B. freedom C. freely D. in a free way
12. A. being told B. told C.to tell D. to be told
13. A. Though even B癫痫哪里的医院能治好. Even C.Even that D. Even though
14. A. include B. intend C. mean D. conclude
15. A. about B. of C. with D. for
16. A. rather than B. or else C.so else D. still else
17. A. approach B. solve C. address D. take
18. A.background B. level C. knowledge D. experience
19. A. knowledge B. clues C. evidence D. suggestions
20. A. truth B. case C. reality D. fact